- March Daily Bread Devotionals are on the foyer table.
- Paint a Sign Night Tuesday March 6, 7 - 9 pm at the church. Doors open at 6:30. Tickets of $45 are available from Pam Woodburn
- Elders meet Monday, March 12 at 7 pm.
- Dominican Pancake Breakfast on March 17, starting at 8:30 am, Poster on bulletin board.
- Ladies Comforter Knotting will be Monday, March 19, starting at 9 am. Note the change in date.
- Ladies Lenten Tea Tuesday March 20, 1:30 pm at the Drayton Reformed Church. Speaker Tineke van der Neut.
- Ladies Retreat at Conestoga Bible Camp March 23 & 24. Mark your calendars! More details to follow.
- Women of MCEC Annual Spring Enrichment Day, April 20 & 21, in Leamington. Registration deadline in March 9. Info on bb and registration forms on the foyer table.
- Check out the new library books on the foyer table!
- Ramoth House February newsletter on the foyer table.
- Canadian Mennonite Subscription List: All who attend CMF may receive a free subscription to Canadian Mennonite. The biweekly magazine is delivered in print, by email, or both. List of those already receiving the magazine is on the foyer table. If you would like to change to email copy, please indicate this. If you would like to start receiving the magazine, please add your name on the bottom of page #2. If you wish to discontinue the magazine, please indicate this as well.
- Summer Camp info for Hidden Acres, Ontario Mennonite Music Camp, Peace Camp, Fraser Lake Camp, Silver Lake Mennonite camp and Cherith Camp are on the foyer table and/or youth bulletin board.
- Free Shuffleboard for Seniors! League starts March 8, 1 to 4 at the PMD Arena. Contact Donna Hirtle 638-0888.
- Area Senior’s Fellowship at Bethel Mennonite Church, Fri. March 9 @ 10:30 am. Soup lunch following presentation.
- Seniors Centre for Excellence Lunch and Learn, Friday, March 9 at the Drayton Reformed Church, 12 noon to 2 pm. Presentations are free and begin at 12:30pm; if you would like to stay for lunch the cost is $12.00 Call 638-1000 to register. “Home Safety” Join Laura Greenway from Right at Home Canada, as she shares some easy and effective ways to make your home as safe as possible. Poster on bulletin board.
Youth & Young Adult Announcements
- NO FIZZ THIS WEDNESDAY. FIZZ will resume March 14th at 7:30
- Dominican Paint Night fundraiser on Tuesday March 6. More info under “CMF Info”.
- Dominican Pancake Breakfast on March 17, starting at 8:30 am. Followed by first team meeting afterwards for team members. Poster on bulletin board.
- BAD IDEAS Youth and Young Adult Sunday School: Starting March 18, we will be starting a new Sunday School class for Youth and Young Adults. It will be a study based on a teaching series by Bruxy Cavey from The Meeting House called BAD IDEAS. In the series, Bruxy deals with some of the bad ideas that humans have about God and there will be lots of time for discussion after each video.
- March Break Open House at Conrad Grebel University College, 140 Westmount Road North, Waterloo. Sat. March 10, 10 am – 5 pm. Come and see what Conrad Grebel College and University of Waterloo have to offer! This open house is for students looking to attend U of Waterloo in Fall 2018 or beyond! Poster on youth bulletin board.
Grand River and Thames River Flooding: On Mon, Feb. 26 , MDS executive members toured the recently flooded areas along the Grand and Thames Rivers and met with Emergency Management officials along the way including Haldimand and Brant Counties and the Municipality of Chatham-Kent. MDS Ontario is also part of the NGO Alliance of ON and has been part of the daily conference calls hosted by the Provincial Emergency Operations Centre (PEOC) concerning these floods. The full extent of damage will not be known for a while, as the municipalities enter the Recovery Phase in the next couple of weeks. This will give MDS a better understanding where our help is needed.